- 2013-05-15Launch of Lilliputs Activity Day CentreCommunity celebrates CMG Activity Centre
- 2013-04-23The Legendary England v Wales Match, April 2013Community celebrates CMG Activity Centre
- 2013-03-20Service User Awards 2013Community celebrates CMG Activity Centre
- 2013-03-07The Drive of LifeCommunity celebrates CMG Activity Centre
- 2013-02-26All Working TogetherCommunity celebrates CMG Activity Centre
- 2103-03-06 Learning Disability Today
- 2013-05-20 Romford Recorder Reports on Lilliputs Activity Day Centre 9th May
- 2013-05-16 Tottenham Hotspur Newsletter May 2013
- 2013-05-15 Romford Recorder Reports on The Launch of Lilliputs Activity Day Centre May 2013
- 2013-02-06 Havering Yellow Advertiser
- 2013-02-01 Romford Recorder
- 2013-01-02 Care Industry News, Jan'13
- 2012-10-29 Care Industry News
- 2012-10-15 Croydon Guardian
- 2012-10-01 Healthcare Business News
In June 2010 CMG launched its Good Practice Guide. This guide was put together with input from CMG Managers and has been disseminated to our staff as an excellent internal resource providing information, advice and tips on providing high quality, person centred services for our service users.
Roy Taylor, the Independent Chair of CMG's Quality Assurance Forum and Safeguarding Board, wrote in his Foreword for the Guide:
"I am delighted CMG have published a handbook focused on quality. Public services are going to be under great pressure over the coming years, with value for money and budget issues in danger of taking attention away from the needs and choices of service users. We must make sure that this does not happen. Quality is not just about the physical environment. It is about the attitudes of carers and support workers, about choice, services based on individual need and creating opportunities for people who use our services.
Having clear objectives and identified outcomes through up to date person centred plans must be the basis for everything we do on behalf of service users. Quality services will be achieved by working in partnership with the service user, family and friends, care managers and commissioners and everyone in each team of personal carers. Increasingly too partnership working will involve the wider community, and I am pleased that CMG now have a team focusing on employment opportunities. We must not forget the environment because service users need to be happy and comfortable in their homes, and we must also work in partnership with those responsible for the provision of all types of accommodation.
Providing a quality service must stay top of the agenda – for everyone."
Feedback on CMG's Good Practice Guide:
“I received your “Good Practice Guide” put together by your staff and wish to pass on to you my admiration and thanks. This is an excellent example of a provider being proactive and thorough in work. With your permission I would like to inform other providers about your work and what is possible with effort and commitment from senior managers.”
(Local Authority Safeguarding Coordinator, Croydon)