- 2013-06-13The Brelade Players At The CMG Managers ConferenceCMG Service Users Triumph in Performance at Managers
- 2013-06-07Vale of Glamorgan Best Practice Showcase - Tuesday 21st May 2013CMG Service Users Triumph in Performance at Managers
- 2013-05-15Launch of Lilliputs Activity Day CentreCMG Service Users Triumph in Performance at Managers
- 2013-04-23The Legendary England v Wales Match, April 2013CMG Service Users Triumph in Performance at Managers
- 2013-03-20Service User Awards 2013CMG Service Users Triumph in Performance at Managers
- 2013-06-18 Care Industry News - The Brelade Players at The CMG Managers Conference
- 2013-06-07 NSA Member Spotlight
- 2013-06-07 Barry company raises money for Ty Hafan with open day
- 2013-05-29 CMG raises money for Ty Hafan
- 2013-05-20 Romford Recorder Reports on Lilliputs Activity Day Centre 9th May
- 2013-05-16 Tottenham Hotspur Newsletter May 2013
- 2013-05-15 Romford Recorder Reports on The Launch of Lilliputs Activity Day Centre May 2013
- 2013-03-06 Learning Disability Today
- 2013-02-06 Havering Yellow Advertiser
- 2013-02-01 Romford Recorder
- 2013-01-02 Care Industry News, Jan'13
- 2012-10-29 Care Industry News
- 2012-10-15 Croydon Guardian
- 2012-10-01 Healthcare Business News
Budding Athletes Meet Olympic Heroes
Right: CMG Service user David Tamblyn (centre) meets Olympian heroes Nathan Robertson (right) and David Weir (left)
Budding athletes from across England and Wales showed their sporting prowess by competing in the first Care Management Group (CMG) National Athletics Championship at Sutton Arena.
CMG supports nearly 600 people in the UK with learning disabilities and associated complex needs, and has several services in southern England and Wales, including in Sutton and Beddington. The National Olympics competition was a perfect opportunity to promote sport as part of a healthy lifestyle for all CMG’s service users, whilst helping to raise their confidence and support them in making new friends.
A special highlight was when British Olympic and Paralympic Team 2012 Athletes Nathan Robertson and David Weir made speeches and presented medals at the prize-giving ceremony in the afternoon. They were impressed to see so much talent and enthusiasm for sport taking place throughout the day.
Nathan Robertson, Team 2012 Badminton Olympic Silver Medallist, said: “It was fantastic presenting medals to CMG’s athletes who worked so hard, and I could see how this event has really made people happy and motivated to continue doing sports in the future. That’s what it’s all about – not just about the medals, but taking part and getting a kick out of doing sports and being active.”
David Weir, Team 2012 Paralympian wheelchair multi Gold Medallist and home sportsman to Wallington, added: “It’s been great to come here and see so many events for all abilities going on throughout the day.”
Michael Fullerton, Clinical Director at CMG, and organiser of the championship said: “At CMG we’re passionate about enabling the people we support to reach their goals, whilst also encouraging them to keep fit and healthy. It’s so inspiring to see how many people have been motivated by our athletics championship today, and we hope that this will lead to them getting more involved with sport in the long-term.
“It was a real privilege to have Guests of Honour David Weir and Nathan Robertson with us at the arena – and I’m sure their presence made all our athletes go for Gold!” he added.
The above article appeared in Able Magazine’s online news blog. To view the article in full online click here.